Thursday, July 14, 2011

100TH POST! henry bessell in europe, part three...

As I mentioned in earlier posts, Ischgl's park, despite being the location for the international Rookiefest finals, was less than perfectly maintained during our stay. So much so that Henry's coach Chad took it upon himself one morning to grab a rake and shovel and get the job done himself! Hats off to him, shame on the lazy crew posing about at the bottom of the park...

Anyway, conditions and crap staff aside, Henry had some good hits on both days, the highlights of which are below along with a short Q and A with the young man.

LTAS: So Henry, tell us how you found snowboarding and what the journey’s been like so far?
 HB: I've loved snowboarding ever since I started and have just kept wanting to get better and better. The best thing is, the better I get, the more fun it becomes, so it never gets boring. I never expected when I first started snowboarding that it would bring me to the stage that I am even at now. But my journey is still only really just beginning so let's just wait and see what happens.

Picturesque but not perfect... The Ischgl park...

LTAS: Your favourite part of shredding?
HB: My favourite part of shredding would have to be all the riding with my buddies, in the park, pow, pipe, rain wherever. And pushing myself to try different things and the feeling of landing a new trick that you have been wanting to get. That is what I love and is my favourite part of snowboarding.

Silhouetted BS 5...

LTAS: What do you like to get up to outside of the sport?
HB: I mostly just like hanging out and going for a skate every now and then.

 Ah the serenity... On the way back up...

LTAS: Plans for the coming year?
HB: For this Australian season it would just have to be, to progress and get as good as I can and to get some results along the way too. Then I hope to spend as much time overseas as I can.

  BS 5...

LTAS: Thanks to anyone?
HB: I would like to thank all my sponsors Oakley, Rome SDS, Sandbox and I Ride Sideways for helping me along the way. But also a special thanks to Andy Lawrence, Willy, Chad and my friends and family for everything they have helped me out with too. Thanks!

Cab 7...

I'd personally like to say thanks to Henry for taking the time to answer a few questions and hand out a few tips! Thanks also to Kim and Chad for the hospitality and Willy at Australian Snowboarder. 
If you'd like to see more of Henry, 
he's got an edit up from Austria here...
And some park laps from his US home resort of Breckenridge here...

Night night Ischgl...

No comments:

Post a Comment