Monday, May 23, 2011

a week of work in the west: part 1, day 1

I was lucky enough, last week, to be given the opportunity to help out on two very different, but equally interesting, film projects both shot on 35mm. My involvement came about care of my surrogate brother Jack Johns and good friend Richard Stewart, an inspirational DOP with whom I'd worked with in 2008 on the Relentless "Powers of Three" project. Thanks peeps!
The first part of the week was spent capturing the Cornish countryside and coast for an art documentary based around Scottish musician Edwyn Collins. Our team was made up of two talented directors Ed and James (who work under the pseudonym D.A.R.Y.L out of the Pulse agency) Rich as DOP, Murren Tullet pulling focus, Jig on loading duties, Danny Laviada as grip maestro, with myself assisting wherever I could for our small crew. 
I learned so much during the shoot and it was just great to be surrounded with creative like-minded people. I'll be posting a few photos a day over the next week from our various adventures and I hope you enjoy. Check out some of the guys' work online through the above links as they really are an incredibly talented bunch!
To the woods... 
Danny on the build, Murren on the lace...
Sunday's rig... He he...
Ready to roll...
Talent...
Talent two... 
Green lines...
Jig on the load...
Murren on the lace...
Action!

No comments:

Post a Comment