Friday, February 3, 2012

team africa...

In an effort to catch up with my feathered brethren heading for the equator, I was soon on a big metal bird headed for the Canary Islands. I spent the first week surfing and shooting with brothers FOM Jack Johns and Jeff Hubbard, and also taking in the sunshine and serenity with sisters FDM Ruth Ley and Nicky Robey.
Quality company makes good times great and this was certainly the case for our crew. Unforgettable soundtrack highlights from the week which will forever remind me of the trip include Toto's "Africa", Florence ATM's "Only if for a Night", a Girltalk "rock-hop" mash up and one incredible Maspalomas lounge singer... Eclectic madness...
Honey rum, sun bathing, confectionary pumps and rock stacking/smashing (not to mention some epic sessions in the sea) are just a few of many epic memories which kicked off my 2011 Canarian season. Thanks Team Africa, I love you all...
It's gonna take a lot to drag me awaaaayyy from you...
Ms Ley...
Ms Robey...
Cocktails in Chavtown...
Jack and Jeff at the ol' swimmin hole...
The best rock stack... EVER...

No comments:

Post a Comment