Sunday, July 21, 2013

covers! carve 139...

While shooting with Wing in Ireland last year, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to shoot some of Ireland's best surfers including good friends Fergal Smith and Hugh Galloway. Just over a month later, I was stoked to find out I'd scored my first cover of a surfing magazine, a flaring Ailens barrel of Irish lad Cain Kilcullen! Inside Carve 139, Ferg and Hugh also enjoyed double page spreads for their efforts and a sequence of Cain's wave also featured... 
It's been a dream of mine for a while now to shoot a cover for a bodyboard, surf, skate and snow mag... Two down, two to go I guess!
 Cain flying through a green flarer on the cover of Carve 139...
 Ferg showing complete commitment behind a big, green Aileens wall...
 Hugh sitting pretty in a round Aileens pit...
Cain's wave from start to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment