Monday, July 23, 2012

copenhagen detour... part one

So presented with a week off and relatively expensive tickets direct to London, I decided to make a detour on my way home via Copenhagen to visit friends Scott and Sophia, who've been living there for more than a year now... You know how sometimes, for whatever reason, things just fall in to place? This was definitely one of those times, one of those decisions, and one of those trips...
For one, Scotty had just signed off work for a month so was free as a bird to play tour guide and generally cruise both day and night... Good times...

After a relaxing train ride down to Malmo and across the bridge into Denmark, I arrived at CPH central and swiftly made my way to Nyhavn for a beer beside the canal. No sooner had I met up with Scott and his mate Kim, than we had a call from Sophia... Do we want to go and see Madonna's MDNA tour? Hell yes we do! Twas a freaking amazing concert, pure performance and a blast from way in the past... That definitely set the tone for the trip...
 Five of about 30,000 people apparently... Photo: Sofia Burger
Looks about right by my count... Photo: Sofia Burger

No comments:

Post a Comment